Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Yarn Dyeing Guide



EBOOK-ad_zpsd4c02bf9



Apart from knitting, sewing, crocheting and blogging, I am also a Technical Writer. I mostly use my skills as a technical writer in my day job - to write manuals, procedures, trouble shooting guides, or just plain instructions when passing on a project. 

It's a fun vocation, and I really quite enjoy it (as boring as it might sounds, it really isn't). 

A few months ago, Lindsay Baker (the owner of Family Roots ) posted on her Facebook page that she was looking for a technical writer to help her create an ebook on how to dye yarn. I responded, we exchanged a few messages, talked a couple of times and decided to work together. 

I was extremely excited about the project. It was the perfect combination for me - writing and yarn! Over the next several weeks, we worked on the eBook, chapter by chapter, and created a beautiful guide to dyeing yarn - complete with a lot of step-by-step photos, and recipes to her most popular colorways.

The eBook was published slightly ahead of schedule in the last week of October 2013, and has been receieved really well by the knitting and yarn dyeing community. If you have ever thought about dyeing your own yarn - whether for personal use or to sell as a business - I strongly recommend checking out the Family Roots Legacy: A Guide to Dyeing Yarn .  There are two versions available to purchase. Both versions contain complete instructions on yarn dyeing. The smaller version includes 5 of the most popular colorways, and the larger versions includes 12 of the most popular colorways. 

Lindsay will also be offering up individual colorways (recipes only) for sale, so there is something for everyone. 

I am extremely proud of this project, and am loving seeing so many people be able use eBook successfully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment