Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Planning projects

I received some gorgeous new fabrics from Warp & Weft a couple days back.  This store is my absolute favourite! I love all the prints Esmari brings in, and her blog is very inspiring as well. I ordered these at the end of the month in September, and they came in pretty quick.

Let's take a look at what I got =)

First up is "Petite Street" by Dashwood Studios UK. I absolutely fell in love with this gorgeous line when I saw it. I'm envisioning a little baby quilt with this line. The sweet little houses would look great fussy-cut and centred into a quilt block. The clouds would be perfect as the border. I'm playing around with the prints, trying to come up with a placement that looks *just right*. 



Next up is "Enchanted Forest", also by Dashwood Studios UK. This line was inspired by Enid Blyton's "The Faraway Tree" books. Did you read Enid Blyton growing up? I did! So when I read about this inspiration behind the line, how could I not get it! Besides, its way too cute to pass up! 
Flowers, mice, snails, hedgehogs, squirrels... oh my! hmm...what would you like to see this collection made into?

This little bundle is an assortment of prints from different lines. The prints are from Piper, Tsuru, Carnaby Street, Glimma, Ruby, Koi and Sew Stitchy. I'm thinking these will make some really cute wristlets, zippy pouches, iPad sleeves... oh! the possibilities!!

This gorgeous gorgeous line is "Bungalow" from Joel Dewberry. Don't you just love that little birdie? I love the color and print combinations here. Lap quilt, cushion covers, iPad case, placemats? This line would make any of those items look amazing!

Finally, here is "Tule" by Art Gallery Fabrics. This line is so sweet and delicate. The soft feminine prints, punctuated with the striking blue triangles makes an amazing combination I think. A purse maybe? a wristlet? a mug rug and coffee sleeve set for a special lady? 

I love the project planning phase. The possibilities are endless, and I love seeing how my ideas translate from paper into the finished product.

Is there anything specific you would like to see any of these fabrics made into?

No comments:

Post a Comment